Thursday, August 9, 2018

My Dad is the Greatest!

Well, since Andrew didn't send a group email this week, I (his father) am taking over the post this week.  I really do think that this title is appropriate and that Andrew also thinks that I am the greatest.  But now that it is a title for his blog, it is truth.

Speaking of truth, we (his mother and I) received a few brief emails from him this past P-Day.  I will now attempt to construct what I think Andrew would have written had he written an email this week.  Here is my attempt.

Well, it was hot this week!  But that is nothing new.  I am used to it by now.  My new companion is Elder Kelly from Las Vegas.  He is super sweet.  I really like him as he is a super solid guy.  I also found out today that we are going to have another companion for 10 days.  Elder Coffey goes home on August 17th, so we will be in a threesome until Elder Coffey goes home.  Elder Coffey is also super cool and he came out the same time that I did.  In fact, Elder Coffey's dad worked with my dad at Sportsman's Warehouse.  I have served at various times around Elder Coffey and I am excited to be one of his last companions as we serve in both of our first area.

It has been different to be back in my first area. I have seen some of the members that were here two years ago.  Sorry this letter is so short.  We didn't have a lot of time today.  We had to borrow a car from some other missionaries to go pick up Elder Coffey. 

Well, it was either that reason or he drafted a letter and forgot to push send (I think we have all done that a time or two!).  Thanks for reading my attempt at an Andrew letter!  Until next week when we hope that Andrew actually decides to write a letter!

Elder Talbot ('s Dad)



Elder Kelly and Elder Talbot

Elder Coffey and some great looking food--maybe poutine?

No comments:

Post a Comment