Monday, July 30, 2018

Tender Mercies

So the weather was nice, not too much of a comment. It felt really nice this week, it rained a little bit. We were contacting people before one of our dinner appointments and this one lady that we were talking to told us about this crazy storm that is coming. And that there is a Tornado warning and Toronto had already gotten hit by hail and the storm. Nothing happened before dinner and during dinner it rained for about 5 minutes is all. That was the whole storm. People tell us that this has been one of the hotter/drier summer for out here. 

Well, I got transferred again. I am going to Scarborough, which was my first area that I was only there for one transfer. I will also be training a new missionary. It will be super cool going back. I don't really know the area very well so it will be a fun whitewash. This will be my 4th time white washing an area. 

The week was super good. It was pretty rewarding. We had the goal last week to have a good attitude about everything and then we proceeded to get thrown through the refiners fire and a lot of people were bashy or rudeish but we did our best to be happy about it. And this week people were a lot nicer and it just made everything that much better because of last week. We were also able to teach Anastasia twice last week. She is super solid and super smart. It has been really great meeting people like her in Peterborough, it is a super cool place. 

I have been keeping a miracle journal this past week, and it has been a pretty spiritual experience. It has made me appreciate all the little things as sent from God, which I hadn't really done before. I would usually see the big obvious ones but I wouldnt look at the little details very often. God really does put things in our paths and changes things in our lives for the better if we let him and look for the opportunities.

1 Nephi 1:20--And when the Jews heard these things they were angry with him; yea, even as with the prophets of old, whom they had cast out, and stoned, and slain; and they also sought his life, that they might take it away. But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance.

We also went to Bancroft this week, and it is still a super sweet place with a really good spirit. 

Goodbye

Elder Talbot 






Elder Huffaker and the feast


Elder Huffaker and Elder Talbot



No comments:

Post a Comment