Tuesday, August 28, 2018

I Am Grateful to Be a Missionary

The weather was really nice all week. It wasn't super hot or too humid. Elder Kelly was cold at a couple points this week, aka fantastic temperature.

I went on exchanges to the Chinese area. I did not understand most of what happened. I was with Elder Smith and he is super cool. I learned two sentences in Chinese so you could say I am pretty fluent. One cool/interesting thing about Toronto is you can live here for 30-40 years and never learn English. 

So I don't remember if I said anything about this but a couple of weeks ago I sat down next to this guy on the bus, and he looked kind of familiar (like the first time I served in Scarborough familiar) but I wasn't sure. So I started talking to him and he said something about I probably didn't remember him or something like that. BUT it was this guy that East elders had taught while I was here the first time. They lost contact with him and I was thinking about it and I realized that I was the only missionary still in Canada that ever met him. It was a remarkable experience.  

We had Zone Conference this week, it was my last one. It was surreal giving my departing testimony. It did give me a lot of time to reflect on my mission. First is to love to study the Book of Mormon and liken it into your life and it can answer any question you have. Second is reading it every day can bring tremendous power into our lives to resist temptation and just to continue on. I learned how to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ on my mission. That has been one of the most valuable things I have learned on my mission. It has brought help from Christ and put me and my faith on him. I am grateful to be a missionary. 


Anyways

Elder Talbot 








No comments:

Post a Comment