Monday, August 13, 2018

Deja Vu

Hello. So for the record I typed one up last week and hit the send button. It didn't make it out and I have no idea what happened haha. I'll try to sum up the last couple of weeks in Scarborough, which has been great being back, a lot of memories have been flooding back the whole time. 

My first companion I got since my last email is Elder Kelly. He is from Las Vegas. He is such a stud. President was very inspired putting us together. It has been fantastic being his companion for the last two weeks. 

The second new companion I got was last Tuesday. We had to bus to pick up a car and then drive to Brampton, to pick up the wonderful Elder Coffey, who is going home Thursday and is spending the last 10 days of his mission with me and Elder Kelly, and then drive back and bus back. So I didn't really email at all but all is well. Me and Elder Coffey both started our missions in Scarborough, me in the west area and Coffey in the east area, and now we both are finishing up covering the whole ward. A bunch of Deja vu this last week walking around with him. 

Two weeks ago (Elder Kelly's first, and not this past week) was quite the first week. We didn't have bus passes and so we had to walk for 4 hours to find a place we could buy some. It took us forever but it was good for Elder Kelly to get right into missionary work. Also it was a tender mercy for me, cause I've spent the last 20 months in a car area and I don't think I would have appreciated the bus system had I not had to walk for that long.

 I think it was our second or third day In Scarborough and the classic 'only one guy gets off the train' happened. We came up to our stop and Elder Kelly wasn't prepared to get off. He started to make his way to the door right as I heard the doors start to close. I instinctively jumped off without thinking that Elder Kelly would also have to get off. I turned around to see him behind closed doors. It was super funny, thankfully the day before we had talked about what to do if that had happened. 

I have reflected a lot the last little bit about what has happened and what I've accomplished on my mission, and I am so grateful. It's been the biggest miracle/blessing in my life. I have been able to do a miracle journal the last few weeks and it has been eye opening to how involved God is in my life and all of our lives.

Love 
Elder Talbot 

Elder Talbot with President and Sister Sheilds

Elder Kimball and Elder Talbot

Elder Talbot, Elder Kelly, and a group of random strangers that wanted to take a selfie with them

On the bus

A different perspective

Sister Conley and Elder Talbot

Elder Coffey!

Elder Talbot, Elder Coffey, and Elder Kelly

Elder Talbot, Elder Coffey, Sister Rose, and Elder Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment