Monday, August 20, 2018

When a Prophet Speaks

Well, it was good weather all week. It was relatively hot but not too bad. We only got caught in the rain once but other than that we were alright. One night Elder Coffey said a prayer that we wouldn't get rained on and ten seconds after getting home that night it started to pour. It was a sweet tender mercy. 

We lost a third of our trio this week. Elder Coffey finished his mission so now its just me and Elder Kelly. Having Elder Coffey for that little bit was sweet. He is a great missionary and I am grateful that we could be friends. This week was pretty good work wise. We are mostly figuring out the busses but they are still inconsistent, haha. 

Last night, I would say was the highlight of my week. We got to go to a fireside in Hamilton and see President Nelson and Elder Anderson speak! It was a super spiritual conference, seriously I wish I could bottle up that spirit into words to explain it but alas, I cannot. President Nelson talked about teaching our children how to live their lives centered on the Lord. I also saw a bunch of members from my past areas at the fireside and that was sweet seeing all of them and catching up a bit. 

Spiritual thought, I would say, is from last night. President Russell M. Nelson is the Lord's Prophet on the earth. It has been cool to see all the differences and adjustments between Prophets, but I can honestly say I sustain him and will do my best to follow him. I am grateful to have someone that can guide the church the way Jesus Christ wants it to be going.
Elder Talbot 
Elder Coffey, Elder Kelly, Elder Talbot, and Brother Herrera

Elder Talbot and Elder Coffey

Brother Bonfield and Elder Talbot

Nate and Bailey with Elder Talbot

Brother and Sister Hardt with Elder Talbot

Jones children with Elder Talbot

Andrew and Elder Talbot

Jones Family with Elder Talbot


Harding Family with Elder Talbot

Morton Family with Elder Talbot







No comments:

Post a Comment