Monday, July 31, 2017

Equally Yoked Together

So Heart Lake is pretty sweet. I love the people here. It has been a blast. So guess I never said anything about Elder Lowry. He has been out for like 8 months. He is from Evanston Wyoming. He is a massive redneck. He likes hunting and fishing and played football. 

Monday was pretty cool. So the mission home is in my area and a new missionary from Hong Kong got to our mission on Monday. So we spent the afternoon with him. Elder Leung is a pretty sweet guy. He knows English, Mandarin, and Cantonese. We ate dinner with President and Sister Shields and then and went to dinner at the Martinez's. They are a sweet family. He is the ward mission leader as of about two months ago, and he is really fired up. He is doing some amazing things with the ward involving missionary work, it is pretty sweet.

Uh yeah, I don't have a lot of time and I don't really have a brain right now. One of the things our ward is doing is a set a date program. You basically prayerfully select a date that you will have someone ready to be taught by the missionaries. So Brother Martinez's date was last Friday and he had some people but they all had to reschedule so he had nothing going into Friday. He felt like he should get an appointment with a less active who's mom, he thought, was not a member.  But she was a member. So we were just talking with them and the daughter invited her friend in to hear the discussions. She said yes and it was a pretty sweet experience. The Lord provides. 

We did quite a bit of finding. (https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2013-10-1111-equally-yoked-together?lang=eng&category=hasten-the-work/members-and-missionaries) We are trying to do our part with all the members doing their work. Some incredible stuff is happening in Heart Lake. I will explain more next week when I don't have 0 time. 

Loves
Elder Talbot







No comments:

Post a Comment