Monday, July 24, 2017

Learning Christlike Attributes in Heart Lake

So Heart Lake is pretty sweet. I have really enjoyed everything so far. Me and Elder Lowry white washed and so both of us are new to the area. And there weren't a whole lot of notes left for us, so it has definitely been an experience trying to figure everything out. Thankfully our ward mission leader is pretty awesome and has helped us out a lot. 

We spent most of the week contacting and tracting, trying to find some people to teach and we had quite a bit of luck. Most people here seem to be pretty humble and nice, which makes missionary work a lot easier. We also get to help teach English twice a week. I guess I should learn English real quick. We did some service for a charity garden. It was pretty fun. 

Brampton is quite the city. People are everywhere and it is super diverse. Not quite the level Scarborough was, but close. There are quite a bit of Punjab people so I'm planning on trying to get a turban before I leave haha. 

We had dinner with the stake president and one of his daughters and a recent convert here. Her conversion story is pretty cool. She was working at a gym and overheard a member talking about Utah and she had seen pictures of the Temple in Salt Lake so she asked some questions about it and the member got her in touch with the missionaries and she got baptized in like a month. She is pretty cool, you would never be able to tell that she was a new member. 

So I get to see the temple just about every day. But ya know, ya boi always forgets his camera so I don't have any new pictures. So yeah. 

I have been studying the Christlike attributes in Preach My Gospel.  (They include faith in Jesus Christ, hope, charity and love, virtue, knowledge, patience, humility, diligence, and obedience.) And I have been learning a lot. They are such wonderful attributes to have and I love that they are the perfect guideline for us to be as close to Jesus Christ as we can. 
Loves,
Elder Talbot. 

Preach My Gospel, chapter 6:  The restored gospel enables you to become like Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. The Savior has shown the way. He has set the perfect example, and He commands us to become as He is (see 3 Nephi 27:27). Learn of Him and seek to incorporate His attributes into your life. Through the power of His Atonement, you can achieve this goal and lead others to achieve it also.

No comments:

Post a Comment