Tuesday, August 8, 2017

The Flood is Coming

So we had a fantastic week. The weather was pretty tame and didn't get too hot, thankfully. I hit my 11 month mark yesterday. That is pretty weird. People keep telling me that a mission is like climbing a house. The first six months is like going straight up the side of it. The next 6th months are like going up the roof. The next 6 is going down the roof and then the last 6 is like free falling down the side of the house. Which means, since basically the first year flew by, the last year is going to last about 6 minutes. 

We had an appointment with Amber at a Tim Horton's, and I really don't like Timmy's, especially for teaching, it is just really hard to get someone to feel the spirit there. But we went anyways and we sat there for like 30 minutes and she didn't show up. We texted her asking if we were still good, and she responded saying she had forgotten. She wasn't close so we offered to meet her in the middle at the church. She said yes and we met her there. Sister Conley was at the church (which I don't know if I mentioned or not but the Conley's moved from Orangeville like right at the same time I did.) So she got to meet her. We shared the restoration, the spirit was really strong. Amber really wants to know which church is true. Which is sweet. Cause we can help her with that, haha. 

So we also met with Stephanie this week. She is 50ish and from Bosnia Hergosomethingorother. She is really sweet, her husband died about a year ago and she really loves the plan of salvation. She also wants to know if that is true or not. Which is awesome. She came to church yesterday and she said she felt really peaceful there.

We got a member referral for 2 less actives that have non member fiancees. We have visited both of them and they are all interested in taking the discussions again. The work here is going really well, I love it. 

So Brother Martinez, the ward mission leader, is doing two things with the ward. One is that  he and we are giving out Books of Mormon with our testimonies in the back of them and challenging members to write their testimonies in the front and give them out in 7 days. It is going really well. The idea is we want to flood Brampton with Books of Mormon. The second thing is he has started a 40 day fast to get the missionary work going, with the ward and the area. They are around day 30 and the ward is loving it. Every day one person from the ward fasts and everybody else is praying for them. The idea with that one is to end the famine that the ward is having when it come to baptisms and missionary work. The third thing that he is doing, is setting people with a date. I think I talked about it last time but I don't remember. So a person prayerfully picks a date that they will have someone ready to be taught the gospel. The idea is that you think about the day all the time and pray for help from God. The Lord really does provide people if you do that.

So when I say the flood is coming. Brother Martinez says that it will be a flood because a flood of missionary work and a flood of baptisms is coming to Heart Lake. It is some really exciting times up here. Me and Elder Lowry/Brother Martinez all get really excited after coordination meetings. Good stuff. 

I finally got pictures of the temple. Wooooo, it was after I did some service at the temple. We weeded the gardens a ton. It was fun. At the community garden I just pruned a bunch of tomatoes plants. Sunday we were having dinner with the Swendsen's who are the Senior missionary couple that is over the cars. They offered the mission vacuum so that we could clean our car for zone conference, and there are a whole bunch of areas closed right now, so we offered to clean those cars too. So yesterday since it wasn't P-day we spent all day detailing cars. It was pretty fun. I got to drive a Grand Caravan, and a 15 passenger van. It was pretty fun. Missionaries did not treat those cars very well so they weren't clean at all. It was quite ridiculous. But we got cookies so it was worth it. 

Today we are hiking the lake that our ward name is named after. Heart Lake. It should be pretty fun. 

Love you all. You could email me too. That would be cool.

Elder Talbot 

Elder Lowry and Elder Talbot after teaching a lesson (Thank you for the picture, Sister Conley!)


Elder Talbot and the Conleys


Elders...

Toronto Canada Temple

Toronto Canada Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment