Well it didn't really rain too much and it was just averagely hot all week. Nothing too crazy. The humidity is still there. When it rains a little amount and not for very long, it just makes everything feel like a sauna. We walked around quite a bit this week so that made it interesting. But it was still a really good week.
I honestly don't really know where the week went, it took about five minutes. Which I think sums up about the last year and a half. We taught a few lessons to some really cool people this week, one person I first talked to almost three months ago but things finally ended up working out. Peterborough is probably one of my favorite areas, I have met some really cool people here.
We had Zone Conference this week, 5 of my companions were there. But it was a super sweet conference. Our mission is bringing a bigger emphasis on obedience, and just being the best that we can be. There are some little things, that I think at first when you look at them seem like they don't matter or make a difference. But sometimes Heavenly Father gives us "rules" that we don't understand because he knows better. One thing that stuck out to me during all of that was if we follow the rules it is just an excuse for Heavenly Father to bless us more. Me and Elder Huffaker are very excited about that, with more blessings we have set some goals to be more conscious of miracles, tender mercies, and just blessings in general.
We also watched a video on The Book of Mormon, and that is something I have been studying a lot about lately. I have tried a lot this week to get something out of my studies and apply it into my life and ask some questions. The video really brought the spirit strongly and built my faith. We talked to some bashy people this week as well, and the more I have thought about their points the more I am just so grateful that I can pray to God and ask him about The Book of Mormon. Cause most of what the people bring up could just be a misunderstanding of the Bible but The Book of Mormon is true and so is everything else.
I gave (another) talk in Peterborough this week, and it was about my mission. I was able to reflect a little bit about it and one thing that I have seen is just God's hand in my life and mission. He really has been there with me the whole time and before my mission, just preparing me to serve.
Elder Talbot
![]() |
| A Companions picture! Right to Left: Elders Johnson, Tarter, Huffaker, Talbot, Lowry, and Olson |
![]() |
| Elder Ko and Elder Talbot |
![]() |
| Elder Huffaker and Elder Talbot |
![]() |
| Elder Talbot and Elder Ko at the door! |




No comments:
Post a Comment