We had an awesome week this week. Monday night after P-Day we had some finding time and we were able to find a few people that said we could come back. They all seemed genuinely interested. One guy that we talked to was on his porch and we when drove by again he was outside reading the Book of Mormon. It was awesome to see.
Tuesday we were able to teach a lesson to an investigator, she has been taught for a few months now and she has a strong desire to be baptized! She is still working through some things but it is still cool to see her relationship grow with Jesus Christ just in the small time I have known her. Afterwards we went contacting downtown and we talked to a lot of really cool people! It started off pretty weird though, it was just one of those days where the first people you talk to are just nuts.
We were able to go to the temple this week!!! It was my first time going in over a year and it felt amazing. The wind was blowing like crazy hard, and when I got in to the temple it was just nice and peaceful. It is just an amazing experience there. I am so glad that we have temples and that we can be sealed with our families for eternity. I was able to spend some extra time in the Celestial room and it was much needed.
Thursday was Zone Conference with Elder Nielson of the 70! That was also awesome! The whole conference was so spirit driven it was awesome. He talked a lot about being a child of God and how that helps us have the desire to do things in the way that God wants us to be. I have seen that affect so many people's lives as well as mine, it is so true and I am so grateful to have a loving Father in Heaven. Another thing that was talked about was how problems are gold mines for miracles and that is something that I have thought a lot about recently. They related an example of how the Lord uses broken things to accomplish great works and how he breaks us down by giving us trials. He doesn't leave us alone though, he gives us the strength and the help we need to overcome and reap the benefits of the gold mine that was placed before us. The Spirit was so strong for that entire conference, he promised us some blessings. It was just fantastic.
I met a lot more of the ward this week! This is a good ward. The members are really nice and very welcoming.
Spiritual thought comes from Helaman 7:6-9--
6 Now this great iniquity had come upon the Nephites, in the space of not many years; and when Nephi saw it, his heart was swollen with sorrow within his breast; and he did exclaim in the agony of his soul:
7 Oh, that I could have had my days in the days when my father Nephi first came out of the land of Jerusalem, that I could have joyed with him in the promised land; then were his people easy to be entreated, firm to keep the commandments of God, and slow to be led to do iniquity; and they were quick to hearken unto the words of the Lord—
8 Yea, if my days could have been in those days, then would my soul have had joy in the righteousness of my brethren.
9 But behold, I am consigned that these are my days, and that my soul shall be filled with sorrow because of this the wickedness of my brethren.
and Alma 17:28-29--
28 Now the servants of the king began to murmur, saying: Now the king will slay us, as he has our brethren because their flocks were scattered by the wickedness of these men. And they began to weep exceedingly, saying: Behold, our flocks are scattered already.
29 Now they wept because of the fear of being slain. Now when Ammon saw this his heart was swollen within him with joy; for, said he, I will show forth my power unto these my fellow-servants, or the power which is in me, in restoring these flocks unto the king, that I may win the hearts of these my fellow-servants, that I may lead them to believe in my words.
These are two examples of people that accomplished great things. But Ammon, unlike Nephi, had a good attitude about it and saw the problem as a gold mine to show them what God can do. Nephi still accomplished amazing things but he consigned (the dictionary I used this morning said that means commit decisively or permanently) himself to be sad. I truly believe that we are here to be happy, and even though we have trials and hard things in our lives we can be happy and excited like Ammon when the sheep got scattered.
Love
Elder Talbot
![]() |
| Elder Talbot and Elder Robinson at the Toronto Temple |
![]() |
| Elder Earnest, Elder Talbot, Sister Keeslar and Sister Kim |
![]() |
| Elder Earnest...changing a tire??? |



No comments:
Post a Comment