Monday, April 23, 2018

Be Still and Know That I Am God

Well, Ontario is weird. Last weekend was cold and had ice storms and yesterday it was 17 degrees (62 F) and super warm and sunny. It is pretty interesting. I don't really understand but that is fine. It should be done with the whole cold thing now. 

This week went by crazy fast. Some highlights, I went on exchanges with Elder Nakamoto again. He is an awesome missionary. It was pretty fun. We did some finding and went to a YSA FHE activity. That was really cool. They all seem very close friends and it was a good activity. Elder Nakamoto made me some Japanese food and it was super good. The next day we did some finding and the whole exchange we knocked on a total of 4 doors and got 5 potentials out of it for their area so it was cool. 

Honestly this week went by super fast, I am not totally sure what even happened. We went back to that guy that said we could go teach his family and it turns out he lived at a college dorm house and there was no family there so I guess he wasn't listening very hard when we talked to him the first time. One of our investigators that had a baptismal date moved to Mississauga last week, he still wants to meet with the missionaries and be a part of the church which is awesome. Our other investigator is doing good! She is still getting closer to being ready for her baptism which will be sweet. She made it to church Sunday and looked like she was able to feel the spirit. 

We were told about a bunch of General Authorities coming to Toronto next week, President Ballard, Elder Soares, Bishop Causse, and a couple of 70's.  They are coming for a bunch of stake conferences but they are doing a missionary meeting as well, which will be soooo sweet. It's on 5th I think, which is our friend's baptismal date so it will be a sweet day. 

Finding wise, we went out and talked to a lot of people but we weren't able to get too much good contacts with people but there were some pretty weird ones. It should be a good one this week, we had a good weekly planning session and have some good plans set. 

 Spiritual thought comes from my dad/President Nelson. "In addition to hearing the word of the Lord obediently, we manifest our love for God through prayer. And listening is an essential part of prayer. Answers from the Lord come ever so quietly. Hence He has counseled us to “be still and know that I am God.” (D&C 101:16.). My dad shared that with me and I really liked it. There has been quite the push recently about receiving revelation and preparing ourselves for the days to come. I was reading Joseph Smith History this week and that is a great example of receiving revelation. He studied out his question a ton and then went into a quiet place and had quite the revelatory experience.

Love,
Elder Talbot

Cold, blurry Elders

Late April snowstorm

Dad's Turkey Hunt

Beautiful Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment