Monday, October 2, 2017

Jesus is the Christ

So it was finally not hot this week. Stayed around 14-15 mostly (57-59F). Felt nice. Most mornings it was 2 (35F). 

It was quite the interesting week. It was a blast this week, anyways!.

Monday we did some fishing to end off our P-day. I caught two pike, one was the tiniest I have ever seen. But the second one was probably 24 inches or just short of it. Quite a nice looking fish. 

Tuesday we learned how to do more family history for investigators from a member, and played basketball with some young men and non members showed up!

Wednesday we volunteered at the hospital and cut more stickers, then drove down to Sudbury for exchanges. I stayed in Timmins with an Elder from Korea. His name is Elder Lee. He is a pretty funny guy. 

Thursday we did service at two different members farms. We got to chop some wood. It was fun. One of them had a llama and Elder Lee was absolutely fascinated with it.  

Friday We had a live district meeting in Sudbury. Me and Elder Lee got up at 4 o'clock in the morning so we could drive down there, and on the way fish a bit for exercise time. Hahaha I only caught one but it was a super beautiful morning. The District meeting was good. Talked about working with members. Got some poutine at Smokes after. Nacho Grande. Quite good. 

Saturday was General Conference! So much inspiration and personal revelation! But before conference, we were helping a member move. And in between each session we helped him move so we were super busy that day and were in regular clothes the entire day. But we got lunch at conference and pizza at priesthood session, so we have been well fed this week!

Sunday Conference was great again, its gotta be one of my favorite things every 6 months. I loved how they talked a lot about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

But this morning I drove up an hour and half to Cochrane and we went to the polar bear habitat. We got to hang out with them and that was a blast, then went fishing afterwards on the way back. I got just a tiny pike but still fun. 

Spiritual thought comes from conference, of course. Neil L. Anderson said, "Jesus is the Christ." I 100% agree. He is quite the amazing guy and I am so grateful for what he did for me. 

Elder Talbot 

Elder Talbot and his pike

Elder Johnson and a polar bear

Happy birthday, Dad and Jonathan!

Elder Talbot and another pike

Elder Talbot

Elder Talbot

Elder Talbot

Elder Lee




Elder Johnson and the polar bear

No comments:

Post a Comment