I don't have anything to report about the weather. It was pretty tame and nice this week.
Elder Tarter is a beast. He is from Boise, Idaho. He played rugby and soccer in high school. He started his mission a transfer before me and was in downtown Toronto, then went to St Thomas. His freaking birthday is today. He is just barely turning 19.
Elder Tarter is a beast. He is from Boise, Idaho. He played rugby and soccer in high school. He started his mission a transfer before me and was in downtown Toronto, then went to St Thomas. His freaking birthday is today. He is just barely turning 19.
This week was busy again with service and other stuff. We did service again for the member's son. We are going to go do some more service this week and be fairly pushing about him investigating. He doesn't want to go to church until he is living church standards and what not, so we are hopefully going to help him realize that the process of getting to church can help him get to the standards. We painted more stuff for Sister Zumbach's friend. The Zumbach's are doing a really good job with her and trying to get her to church.
We spent a bit of time this week trying to organize the whole area cause the missionaries before left it unorganized, which is pretty annoying. We had dinner with the Templeman's this week. They have 4 young boys that are all pretty funny. Sister Templeman loves feeding us so she made a ton of burritos. It was pretty sweet. When we got to sharing the message, their oldest boy Noah, who I think is 8, sat with us and helped us with the message. He pulled Mosiah 2:17 off the top of his head. It was pretty sick.
So like 6 weeks ago,Tatjana, the oldest Zumbach daughter, put her papers for her mission in and it just barely came Wednesday. Last week she was freaking out that it hadn't come yet but it arrived finally. Her call was really weird cause it came in French so I didn't really know what was going on. But she got called to the Canada Edmonton Mission to speak English. Pretty Cool.
We went with Brother Lalonde to go visit Alyssa and her mom. We were a little worried about her cause Alyssa's grandma is going on a mission and she was the one that would bring Alyssa to church and do all the other church stuff. But Alyssa has really been, for a lack of better words, pressuring her mom to fill in for her grandma. Her mom came to church yesterday so I am thinking she is going to be filling in for the Grandma. That was kind of confusing I think, hopefully you guys got it though.
On Saturday there was a ward potluck and after the whole thing all lot of young men and leaders stayed to play some basketball. It was probably some of the best basketball I've played on my mission. Everybody was going hard and playing really well. Robert Morton from an email two weeks ago? I think I mentioned him. We were on the same team for a lot of it and we were a two man wrecking crew. It was pretty sick.
On Saturday there was a ward potluck and after the whole thing all lot of young men and leaders stayed to play some basketball. It was probably some of the best basketball I've played on my mission. Everybody was going hard and playing really well. Robert Morton from an email two weeks ago? I think I mentioned him. We were on the same team for a lot of it and we were a two man wrecking crew. It was pretty sick.
Yep. Elder Beddes is my district leader now. He was probably my favorite zone leader which is sweet. He is beast.
Favorite Scripture this week is Mosiah 2:17, inspired by Noah. It says, "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." It is such a simple verse that really shows the importance of helping people. Service is one way that I've found on my mission that has made me happier.
Favorite Scripture this week is Mosiah 2:17, inspired by Noah. It says, "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." It is such a simple verse that really shows the importance of helping people. Service is one way that I've found on my mission that has made me happier.
Ooh and last Monday we did some service for Brother McDonald who owns an archery dodgeball/knife throwing/tomahawk throwing place. Which is sweet and a ton of fun.
Love
Elder Talbot
Elder Talbot
![]() |
| Knife throwing |
![]() |
| Tomahawk throwing |
| Mission call for Sister Zumbach |
| Elder Beddes |
| Elder Tarter |


No comments:
Post a Comment