So last week Elder Tarter copied my email, so I am just returning the favor this week. :)
Here's what Elder Tarter had to say:
Well, after weeks of tracting and searching we have finally found one! A BBQ!! Full working condition, and after trading in an old propane tank for a new one we have fire and so be prepared for some pictures next week of some grilling action. hahahaha this week was amazing! Orangeville is really starting to pick its head up after having sisters here for a year. hahahaha just kidding sisters are great! We had two investigators at church, met a new member referral and were able to set one girl on date for baptism! And even through all that we still had time for some service and a meeting in Toronto all day on Wednesday. Take that Elder Moon hahahaha;) just kidding again! But it really was a good week, and I did take pictures too!
Monday was really awesome! After we finished emailing we went and threw some hatchets and tomahawks at a member's arena thing. He runs a business called Far Shot which is a warehouse that he has converted into Arrow Dodgeball/ Hatchet, knive, and tomahawk throwing. Arrow dodgeball is https://www.youtube.com/wat ch?v=vr7iD3pjmSU. It is really a lot of fun! I am so glad that Brother Borg trained me in hatchet throwing through all the years of scouts because when it came down to our competition, it just wasn't even close. I beat all three other missionaries and had like 50 points over them. After that I got a haircut and I will attach those pictures as well.
Tuesday we helped Phillip out again at his business. It looks really good. this week we shoveled a lot of gravel into a wheelbarrow so that he could make a parking lot level or something. Canada is being really picky with what he can have and what he can't.
Wednesday we had meetings all day in Toronto. Left our apartment at 6:30 and didn't get to the chapel until 9:30 then had zone conference where we learned a lot about how we can be better missionaries and stuff from our mission president and his wife. That was done at 6:00 so we went and got dinner (I got my first parking ticket while at dinner) from Smokes which sells poutine that is super good! then we left Toronto and went back home and didn't get back until 8:30, long day!
Thursday and Friday we did some more service and had a few appointments to teach people.
Saturday morning we played basketball with some young men then changed and found our BBQ then had dinner.
And Sunday was an amazing Mother's Day service. A lot of the mothers and grandmothers left crying which is okay, really. And then we got to call home and that was amazing too!
It has been amazing. I know that the church is true! The Book of Mormon is a perfect book about a perfect man and will help each one of us personally. I know that from my own experience. Thanks for all the support you all give me! I would especially like to thank my mother (this is starting to sound like a Grammy acceptance speech) for everything that she has done for me in making me who I am today. Love you all and thanks!
Elder Tarter/Talbot
No comments:
Post a Comment