Monday, November 28, 2016

Time Flies When You Are in the Service of the Lord

The days are starting to fly by. It legit feels like it was just yesterday that I wrote my last email. But anyways I had a great week. We got two new investigators this week and I also went on exchanges so it was sweet. 
The first investigator we found is a sick (cool) dude named James. He has a dog that barks really loud. But anyways he is very open minded about religion and really likes the plan of salvation which is awesome. The second friend we found was through a referral from the temple president in Calgary who gave it to us through freaking President Shields. He called us Friday morning and whenever we get a call from the Mission President we tend to freak out a little bit. But it was pretty sweet. The Calgary dude had a friend and he talked to his friends mom about religion a lot and the friends mom lives in Smiths Falls. Her name is Lisa and she is super nice. Just like James, she really likes the plan of salvation. It was pretty great. 
Yesterday as we were driving to church we saw a truck that is always in front of the Tim Horton's, and the guy was there literally all freaking day. We drove by Timmy's quite a bit yesterday and he was there every time we drove by. He was there for 12 hours. I guess it isn't bad if that's what he likes but it was still hilarious. 
The exchange was pretty hilarious as well.  The missionary was weird as all get out but he taught me a lot. He really just loves the people he teaches and doesn't really care what people think of him. He really just loved them no matter who they were. It helped me to realize I need to love the people I teach. 
A scripture of the week is John 11:35--Jesus wept. It is a simple scripture but it shows that Jesus was human and even though he was perfect he still experienced emotions. I think it can help all of us relate to the Savior more, because He is human and we can strive to be closer to Him every day. And a way to do that is with the new Christmas thing the church is doing. If you haven't gotten on mormon.org in the last week or so you totally should cause the church has started their new Christmas initiative which is all about being like the Savior.

I hope everyone had a great week!

Loves 
Elder Talbot
Zone Council

Zone Council pizza buffet (the business lost money on this day)

The reflection of the moon on a local lake

Spider the size of a Oreo

Elder Talbot says the temp ranges from -2 to +3C.  But it isn't too cold, that's only 32F which is still fairly warm.  To him....

No comments:

Post a Comment