Monday, November 7, 2016

Fishing at the Falls

Well I got transfered and I am going to Smith Falls. Literally know nothing about it and I go there tomorow. It's going to be awesome. It is on the East border of my mission and I have heard it is colder than Toronto. My companion's names is Elder Olsen. I am fairly confused about him cause I think there are 4 or five different ones so I've heard a lot of different things about different Elder Olsens.  Elder Jensen is getting transfered as well he is going to Weston so I won't be able to see him all the time. Scarborough is unique cause it is so close to so many missionaries and I have been told by old missionaries that I probably wont have that kind of interaction with missionaries for the rest of my mission unless I go back to North York Zone. 
This last week absolutly flew by. We had six week follow ups on Thursday, which is for all the new missionaries that came out with me. They talk about missionary stuff there and just make sure none of us are dying. Cause that would be bad. After the meeting we go through the temple with the mission president. The Temple is always such a cool experience and it was especially awesome being with the mission president. 
Yesterday was fast Sunday and it was a party. There was a ton of people that bore their testimonies and they were all super awesome. It is pretty incredible how strong some people's faiths are and how much it grows through the hard times. I've met some really awesome people in Scarboro and I will definitely miss a lot of them but I am so excited for Smith Falls.  
A scripture this week is D&C 122:7-9 

7 And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.
 8 The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?
 9 Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever.
Hope everyone has a great week!
Loves Elder Talbot



1 comment: