Monday, November 21, 2016

Happy Tracting in the Snow!

Well it snowed for the first time. Super excited. It's gonna be great cause all I do I tract so it'll be a party walking in snow all day. This week was super good. We got to teach a lot of awesome people. There is a recent convert that we are teaching. Their life has gotten absolutely crazy since they joined the church. It has been amazing to see how positive they are staying and how much they love this gospel. They also have two really cute pugs. Probably going to send pictures of the pugs next week. 
We were teaching this dude from Egypt, and after the lesson we gave him an Arabic book of Mormon. Arabic is this weird squiggly language. and he just translated a scripture perfectly to English on the spot. It was nuts. 
The Branch here is super nice. We had 12 meal appointments in the last week. Freaking crazy. I've had to cook myself food twice since I got to Smith Falls. It's great. Being in a branch everyone gets so much closer to each other. All of the members are such good friends with each other. 
There is a Missionary couple in the area as well and they are super nice. They are pretty much my grandparents. They take good care of the branch as well as us. 
At all the meal appointments we would share little messages to the members after and most of the time we wouldn't prepare at all. And I would say random stuff that comes to my mind. Most of the time it didn't even make sense to me but I guess it made sense to them. Haha. It just showed me that as a missionary if I have the spirit with me they will learn what the Lord wants them to learn.
A scripture this week is Alma 18:27 And he said Yea.  (A favorite scripture he once saw on a sign at the BYU Las Vegas Bowl game. Funny!)

I hope everyone has a great week!
Loves, Elder Talbot

No comments:

Post a Comment