Monday, December 5, 2016

Without Charity, You Isn't Goodish

Well the snow left for like three days then it all came back very quickly last night. Kind of. It really isn't that bad but all the Canadians make it seem like the world is ending when it snows a few inches.

So I wore a tie yesterday and I got a lot of mixed reactions about it. People either really liked it or they didn't like it at all. So please let me know if you like it or not. I won't be offended. If you are reading this on the blog just tell my parents.

Anyways. We didn't teach a whole lot this week so we visited a ton of less actives and members. Whatever day December first was we were about to go home for some food but the Light The World thing was help lift someone's burden so we went and helped this old guy install a tire wall holder thing. It wasn't too much work, but he was just so grateful for our help. It really helped me realize how cool the Light the world initiative is and how inspired it is. It can really help a lot of people, even if it might seem little to you. 

One of the days this week we went to the branch president's house to help them design cookies for their neighbors or something. It really helped me realize how not talented I am at drawing. It just makes it worse when it is with frosting. One of the cookies I made was a penguin and I felt like I did a half okay job with it, then Heidee, (one the branch presidents daughter, and they have five so its nuts most of the time.) puts this freaking perfect penguin that made mine look like a blob. It was good my confidence in my drawing skills was already low. But I made some American flag cookies and Lily? I think, came out and rebuked me for it. It was hilarious. 

We had district meeting Friday and The Hatches fed everyone tacos after. I dont know what they put into the taco shells they made but they were super good. I wanted to eat 20 tacos. but I didn't unfortunately. 

A scripture for this week is 1 Corinthians chapter 13. It is a super good chapter about charity and if you dont have it, you isn't goodish. 

1 Corinthians: 2, 4-8, 13  And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.  Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away...And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

I hope everyone has a super good week. 

Loves 
Elder Talbot. 

Elder Talbot and Elder Olson

Flower tie.  Yes or no?


No comments:

Post a Comment