Monday, October 17, 2016

Week 12 (Actually, it's 6 but who's counting?)

Hello people! Last week was Thanksgiving for Canada. As far as I've been able to tell they have no reason for it being a different day than America except to be different than America. But its cool cause they also celebrate regular Thanksgiving. I had three meal appointments in the span of six hours on Monday for Thanksgiving. The ward here is super nice. Most of them love the missionaries and they really help with the work we do. There is a lady in my ward that feed me and Elder Hernandez probably three times a week. She is this old Filipino lady that absolutely loves missionaries.
The work was slow at first but it is picking up. We found a family about a week or two ago and they are pretty interested. They ask a lot of good questions that go really well with the message. At the end of the appointment a member shared her testimony/conversion story, and it was one of the more powerful spiritual moments Ive been a part of. They seem fairly interested and hopefully they keep meeting with us. 
Elder Hernandez is pretty cool. He plays the saxophone and played professionally for a while before he came on his mission. He traveled across the world performing to places like England and Japan i think.  
I got to go on an exchange with Elder Jensen last week. His area is kind of close to mine which is pretty cool. Since my companion speaks Spanish he went with Elder Jensen's companion to go visit some Spanish people in their area. It was pretty cool to be with him the whole day. We didn't get lost which is really surprising/lucky. 
My mission experience has been so much fun so far. My testimony has grown so much since coming out here and I hope it just continues to grow. One of the biggest testimony builders has been just seeing how much the gospel can have an effect for the better on peoples lives. Someone that I can't remember in my MTC district said 30 seconds of awkward for me can change someone's life forever. That is seriously so true. 
I love hearing from everybody and hope everyone is doing well!
Love,
Elder Talbot


No comments:

Post a Comment