Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!


I got plenty to eat for Thanksgiving - three meal appointments in the span of six hours! I don't remember who asked but Canadian Thanksgiving literally has no reason, that I have been able to find, for being different a different day. Just to be different. 

We found a family to teach and they seem really interested.  We found them through a young woman in my ward and she is actually going to Halifax for her mission in November.  Scarboro is a big city but it is the same distance away from downtown Toronto a suburb is. Toronto and the areas around it are super packed together. It might be the same size as something in Utah but it is packed in as tight as they can and have random gaps everywhere. Opening a new area is hard cause you don't have anything to go off of. Scarboro is interesting. it doesn't get to scary till late at night so we just hurry home. The diversity here is crazy. Toronto is basically like it's own country. 

I'm with Elder Jensen today.  We went on splits yesterday because his area (Don Valley) has lots of Spanish people and Elder Hernandez speaks Spanish. I'll probably be with Elder Jensen once or twice a week. Me and him and our companions went to a museum today and now we are all at a library. 

(Dad is taking over now) Side note about Elder Jensen - Elder Jensen is one of Elder Talbot's MTC companions.  They have grown to be very good friends both in the MTC and out in the field as they are now serving in areas that are close to one another.  Well, come to find out that Elder Jensen's father served in the Michigan Lansing Mission about the same time as I served in the Michigan Detroit Mission.  Further questioning resulted in finding out that Elder Jensen's father and I reported to the MTC on the same day in 1989 and were even in the same MTC district.  What a small world!

Well I am off for good today. Love you guys and have a great week. 
Elder Talbot 
Riding the bus is the way Elder Talbot gets around the city.

Even though it's blurry, this is a fun picture of the happy Elders with a family having Philippino food.


No comments:

Post a Comment