Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Baptism stories and a Filipino Bakery

Well this week was pretty crazy. I went on exchanges twice and one of them was with the zone leaders. The zone leader I went with literally talks to everyone we walk past. It was pretty cool to see how he can get random people on the street to hold conversations with him. Opening up a new area, finding people was about all I did the first little bit. It was pretty hard at first but the more I did it the more comfortable I got with it. 
Me and Elder Hernandez met with a member for dinner on Sunday and the dad of the family is super cool. He had this awesome missionary experience and he was really humble about it and didnt make a big deal of it at all. So the story was he was working and during his lunch break he was talking to a store owner about the church. He wanted to give her a Book of Mormon but he was about to go back to his hometown since he lived about five hours from where this store was and it mightve been his last chance to give it to her. He called the missionaries that night and had them meet him in the morning and introduced them to the store person and went back home. The lady kept meeting with the missionaries and she's probably being baptized. Super awesome story. 
The Scarboro east elders had an investigator baptised last week! I cant remember if I have been to a convert baptism before but it seriously was so cool. The spirit was so strong there and you could tell how excited she was to join our church. 
There is a Filipino bakery like a block away from my apartment, and since we get fed by members quite a bit we have extra money, and we can only spend it on food. So naturally we buy so much food from it. We go seriously four or five times a week. There is a lot a Filipinos in my area/ward and they all love basketball and are super good at it. They all play like the Spurs and it's sick. 
Thanks for all the awesome people who wrote me, it really means a lot.
Much love,
Elder Talbot

No comments:

Post a Comment