Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Fishing From A Fire Hydrant

So this week has been absoulutely crazy. Honestly I was dying the first couple of days but I think I've gotten used to it now. Someone said the the first little bit here is like drinking out of a fire hydrant. You get a little bit of water but it really just hurts your face. But in all seriousness, I have honestly loved it out here. I'm still getting phantom buzzes from my phone so that sucks. My district is pretty cool. They all have super strong testimonies. There are people going to Rancho California, Nashville Tennesee, and my two companions (Elder Jensen and Elder Robinson) are going to Toronto as well.  And I got assigned to be the zone leader. I don't know what that means yet and they told me I don't have to do anything for like another week, so yeah.​

I got to see (Spencer) Brooks before he peaced out to Taiwan yesterday. He is still tall. And he says a lot of stuff that isn't English. It's probably Chinese. The only downside to seeing Brooks is I scratched my watch on a wall giving him a hug. But that's alright. I have seen lots of people I knew from before which made it a little easier not being that homesick. 

The elders in my zone that had been here for three weeks are absolutely nuts. Every night they are going crazy till late and the night before they left they just stayed up till three cause they had to fly out at four in the morning. One of my favorite elders from my zone is Elder Goodrich. I have literally no idea how we became friends but one day we just started talking like we had known each other for weeks. Most nights he comes into my dorm and just tells stories for like an hour. He probably has a story for everything. 

One of my favorite things about the MTC is how the spirit is seriously always here. Its really nice to be able to focus on the spirit and being able to learn how to teach the gospel.  The best day so far was probably Sunday. The schedule was all over the place but I loved it. We had a devotional and M. Russell Ballard spoke and it was super cool. Then I watched Meet the Mormons after, but that for some reason just made me homesick. 

If you guys want to send me emails or food and other stuff to me via dearelder.com, I can read them throughout the week so I would love you forever. 
I might send more pictures next week idk.

Love,
Elder Talbot





No comments:

Post a Comment