Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Trying to Learn As Much As I Can

It was pretty nice weather this week. It was 20ish all week, didn't really rain while I was outside. Last year in Orangeville it didn't stop raining for like 2 months, so pretty different this year. Yesterday was super hot for me. It is getting warm now. 

I have very low motivation for this email this week. We had a really good week this week. One highlight was going on exchanges with Elder Oviatt. He is from Calgary and is a super good missionary. I went to Oshawa for the exchange. It seems like a nice town. Its a bit bigger than Peterborough. I honestly really like the size of Peterborough. It is big enough that there are people outside and a nice downtown but it is small enough that it is still country and has a lot of trees. The people here are really nice. There is a University and a College so there is a bit of diversity and a lot of different cultures. I don't know a ton about other religions but it is very interesting. 

Elder Moulin is super great, he is very young in the mission but he is a stud. He really has a high desire to learn and to get better on his mission. He is from Geneva, Switzerland area but it happens to be in the Country of France. He speaks French and super good English. Probably better than my English hahaha. When talking to people this week, when I would tell them I am from Utah, a lot of non members (members usually give me crap) would say wow that is far and then they ask him and he is a lot farther away which really astonishes people. 

Spiritual thought comes from my mother. "My thought for the day comes from Sister Jones today.  She was talking about how the world invites us to know something.  You can see that in the quest for education, for higher education and it's the means by which we can better provide for ourselves and our families.  Education has paid off exponentially for us, that's for sure.  Then Sister Jones said that that gospel invites us to become something.  I've been thinking a lot about the word 'become' lately.  I know God doesn't want me to be wasting my time away.  What does God want me to become through the experiences I'm having right now?  What would He like to me to become through all the time I spend alone?  What should I be learning?  What should you be learning and becoming through your experiences on your mission?''  

I have been thinking about that a lot lately and I have been trying to learn as much as I can from everyone I come in contact with. Especially with trials in life, having the foundation of the Savior and the gospel keeps me going to wanting to improve and get better with trials.  

Elder Talbot 


Elder  Moulin and Elder Talbot


Elder Nakamoto and Elder Talbot-sort of.


No comments:

Post a Comment