Tuesday, May 29, 2018

I Got Raked

Well it's really hot and it's really humid. I still don't do good with humidity. We did go up to Bancroft this week which was about 2 degrees colder than Peterborough so that was nice. It still hasn't rained too much. 

This week took about five minutes, I don't have too much to say about it haha. We had Zone Conference this week, it was an amazing conference. We talked about a lot of things but one thing that stuck out to me is when President Shields said "Are some so distracted by "good things" that, as a mission, we never get to the "best things?" If Satan can keep us so busily engaged in good, we will never get to the best." That really stuck out to me, if we aren't doing good things, then the first step would probably be to do good things. But if we idle at those good things and stop progressing we will never get to the best things and fulfill all of what Heavenly Father has planned for us. 

Our car office missionary gave an instruction at Zone Conference and I got raked by the spirit during his instruction about K's, for not being as diligent as I could have been in the past with my kilometers. I always justified not walking places or driving more because I could do more effective things with my time if I drove to places with more people, but the K Limit is something we have been asked to do and is a mission rule. (1 Nephi 3:7--And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.) The Spirit told me I haven't been trusting The Lord with that one. Alas, I felt horrible and needless to say I am currently in the process of repenting. And on the next day after Zone Conference, me and Elder Moulin decided we would walk to some of our appointments. And like 3 minutes into our first walk, we walked up to a community garden and met a Former that hadn't been contacted for a year or so and she said we could come by again and teach her 9 year old son. And we met another lady that said she would like to meet up as well because of all the crazy things going on in life. It was a very humbling experience for me because we would have never talked to either of them had we driven to the appointment. It was amazing to see The Lord truly does provide a way for his servants to accomplish his work and was a testimony builder for me.

So I mentioned it before, but we went to Bancroft last week and it is a cool little town. It's about 1 1/2 hours away from Peterborough and is only about 4 thousand people. We got to do some missionary work up there and visit some members that have not seen missionaries in a while. On our way down we met Bri Bri the Turtle guy, we stopped to take a picture of this lake and he came out and started to talk to us haha. He has saved a ton of turtles, somewhere like in the hundred thousands and goes around Ontario to give seminars and stuff about turtles. He was a very nice guy and seemed genuinely interested in meeting with us again and going to church in Bancroft. The Branch also said that they would be interested in Hosting a seminar by Bri Bri the Turtle Guy at the church for the members. 

We also had Church in Bancroft and that was my second time. There is such a special spirit in that Branch, the members are very strong and the love is eminent in the building. Me and Elder Moulin both were the speakers and we had a total of 15 minutes and Elder Moulin took just over 10 haha. I had to change my talk topic but it still worked out. Elder Moulin gave a great talk about overcoming our trials and why God gives them to us, we get them because God wants us to be better and become more like the Savior and that is one of the best ways to do it. 

That's all I got.

Elder Talbot ​​​​​​

Elder Talbot and Elder Johnson

Elder Talbot, Elder Johnson, and Elder Martin

Elder Coffey and Elder Talbot

Elder Clark and Elder Talbot 


Elder Coffey's catch!

No comments:

Post a Comment