The weather here keeps switching on me. It's seriously like a roller coaster. It has ranged from like 5 above to like 10 below probably two different times this week.
Elder Olson and I had an interesting week. We were able to meet with Nicole this week and it went really well! We talked about her experiences that she has had with church and what her goals and plans are with baptism and everything. She believes in the Book of Mormon and that is really awesome to see someone have such faith in the book.
We met with Emily this week as well, she was baptized a couple of years ago and she probably knows more than I do haha. She is super cool, we talked with her just about life and stuff like that.
The young men's activity this week was making Filipino food. Anthony helped them learn how to make it. Super good stuff. Played horse after with them, the young men here are pretty good at basketball which is fun. Fun fact, Nate, one of my favorite youth in Orangeville, his mom lives here which is pretty cool talking about him. Also more fun fact there is a member here that is related to the Lalondes in Orangeville which is also really cool.
When we were weekly planning the members upstairs weren't home and so their dogs came to join us for weekly planning and decided to take naps while we were planning, it was really cute.
We have a friend named John. He is a crossing guard near our house and a super great guy. He had been to church a long while ago but he told us it was a great experience. He said he is going to come to church next week!
Our basketball thing went pretty well. A youth brought 4 non-member friends and it was a lot of fun. 11 people in total which makes for some good ball. I can grab rim pretty easily now. Elder Olson is pretty good at basketball as well which makes it fun for sports.
Brother Hardt is the man. He is so excited for his new calling. We currently have some plans in the works that are going to be sweet. If I remember I will tell about what they are when we get the plans straightened out.
Saturday night the Welland ward had a member missionary fireside with President and Sister Shields. It was super awesome. I was thinking about myself and how I would be a member missionary. And it's a pretty intimidating idea for me but the fireside helped a ton and it will be cool relating to the members here with it and they can help me with ideas and stuff.
Lucy is a sweet Chinese lady that came to church today. She wants to become a Christian which is sweet. A member introduced himself to her and then he introduced her to us which was awesome.
We had dinner at the Bonfield's yesterday. Man they are an awesome family. Brother Bonfield is absolutely hilarious. There weren't any fish puns this time around but it was still awesome, the first couple of times Brother Bonfield and his son told a ton of fish jokes and I was dying.
Spiritual thought
Alma 27
vs 3-4 Like the Anti-Nephi-Lehis, I was less than enthused about having to get smartphones.
vs 10-14 I changed my mind about being not excited because I was able to be helped to be excited to be able to learn how to use a smartphone for good and not waste a ton of time on it, and I am excited to see how the work will progress out here.
vs 27 I am so grateful for Jesus to be trusting all of us missionaries, and I know that if I keep my purpose on the Savior I will be able to progress so much farther.
Alma 28 vs 1-3 Just like the nephites, I wont die and I will know how to use a smartphone for good when I go home and fall back into old habits.
Love Elder Talbot
![]() |
| Elder Talbot and Elder Johnson |
![]() |
| Youth activity, learning to make Chicken Adobo, Elder Talbot's favorite Filipino dish |
![]() |
| Elder Olson with the resident dogs napping during weekly planning |




No comments:
Post a Comment