Monday, February 26, 2018

A Powerful, True Book

It felt great all week, in between 5-10 the whole time. It rained for pretty much the entire week is what it seemed like. Super humid too, which is nice sometimes. 

Our basketball thing is going pretty well, we had 8 people out this week and only two of them were members. It was a lot of fun. It's mostly 14 year olds but they are all super good.

I got to go on exchanges last week which was super good. I went with Elder Martin who is from some place called the UK. He is a really funny guy, and it was fun being able to work with him for the day. We met some pretty cool potentials that said they could come back, and at the end of the day we were just about done and this guy started talking to us. He progressively got louder and more animated as he went on, we were pretty much only saying oh and yeah. The guy was talking about how if you ever think about what other meats taste like you are probably a cannibal. He ended the one sided conversation by walking away by yelling, "it's the times of Noah!" Good old Niagara Falls.

We met with Emily a couple of times this week. We just read some scriptures with her. She is awesome and is doing really well. She has had some cool experiences recently and is making good changes in the right direction.

Yesterday was pretty awesome. Church was fantastic, the talks were really good. One was about the hymn I stand All Amazed, suchhh a good talk. Gospel principles was about prayer and some people shared some really cool experiences. To end the night we went with a member to visit a different member in the hospital.  The one in the hospital is an amazing guy. He has such a big heart. We read 3rd Nephi 11 with him. Holy cow is that an amazing chapter. It has such a powerful spirit to it and there is so much I learn from it. 

P-Day we went to Hamilton for zone sports. Super fun. There are some good ballers in the zone. Elder Coffey the og was there. He's one of my favorites. 

Young mens on Wednesday was a missionary one and we were in charge of it. We showed them how to tie a tie, shine shoes, and iron shirts. It was super fun and we had them do a roleplay where you teach about something but you have to switch off every other word. It makes it interesting but they all rocked it. 

Spiritual thought comes from Alma 39:9.  Now my son, I would that ye should repent and forsake your sins, and go no more after the lusts of your eyes, but cross yourself in all these things; for except ye do this ye can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God. Oh, remember, and take it upon you, and cross yourself in these things.

I was studying it and it uses the word cross twice but the footnotes give two different definitions for each word. It was interesting to see that. I love how it talks about self mastery and putting away the sins and taking up your own cross. I had some sweet studies this week and I am absolutely loving the Book of Mormon. It is such a powerful, true book.

I tried sending some of these pictures last week but they didn't work. So here they are hopefully haha.

Love
Elder Talbot 

Elder Johnson and Elder Talbot at Niagara Falls at sunrise for Elder Talbot's 20th birthday

Elder Talbot and Elder Coffey




No comments:

Post a Comment