Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Niagara Birthday Party

I don't know if it'
​s ​
done being cold but it sure feels like it. Last week it was around 0 all week and hasn't stopped raining for like 3 days. Today is 15 degrees which feels super warm. It's pretty exciting cause more people will be outside and actually doing stuff.

It was a pretty interesting week this week. It started off really slow but it ended up going by really fast.  Well I guess I'll just write some highlights of the last two weeks cause I didn't write anything last week.

I don't know if I said anything before but we met Diane and Ernie a couple of weeks ago It was honestly probably the first person I have ever found on a Monday. The husband let us right in before we really said anything other than HI. They are both religious but they aren't currently practicing and want to learn more. We haven't been able to meet with them since but we talked to them and they are still interested in meeting they are just super busy.

My sister had her first child. Almost landed on my birthday but not quite. Her name is Maylee and seems pretty cool from the photos.

Brother Hardt our new ward mission leader is awesome. He is really probably one of my best friends in the ward. He is so excited about his new calling. One thing he is really big on is the Book of Mormon. One of our goals right now is to get the ward reading it every day.

Both of these last two weeks I was able to go with Elder Johnson
​,​
 one of my past companions on exchanges. He is awesome and is a great missionary. We found some good potentials on the first exchange. The second this past week exchange was also really good. We spent the day working Niagara falls and we got to talk to this really cool guy in his restaurant about the restoration. The next morning was my birthday so we went to the Falls in the morning at like 6:30. We pretty well had them just to ourselves which was really cool.

On my birthday the Curry's had us over for dinner. They are an awesome family, really great people. Kaleigh
​,​
 a couple of weeks ago took us to a vegan donut shop which was great.

We met with Emily a few times recently. She is doing pretty good. We have just been reading the scriptures with her. She is doing a lot better. She is really cool too. Recent ish convert and has a sweet testimony.

Yesterday we were walking around in the rain and this guy told us that he commends us for being out on a day like today and that God was thinking about us.
It really touched my heart. That guy was cool.

I broke Elder Olson's ankles this morning. I just about died laughing after.
​ (For those that don't know, that means I did a crossover and he fell over.)​


We went to a Filipino birthday party yesterday. There was a ton a food and it was all really good and they all just try to feed us more the whole time. Super good.

​Love Elder Talbot​

No comments:

Post a Comment