Monday, January 22, 2018

It Has Changed My Life

So it was like -5 for like half the week and then 5 for rest of it. (23-41F) Really nothing bad at all. The wind sometimes wrecks me but that's about it haha. 

Monday I got to have zone sports for the 1st time in like 5 months. It was quite fun. Got to see some friends that I hadn't seen for a while. Played some ball. It was fun. My basketball skills didn't digress which i thought it would have. 

Tuesday we got some vegan donuts with a member. I was super skeptical cause I am about unvegan as it gets but it tasted really good actually. I had a cranberry lemon fritter. Elder Olson had a coconut cream. 

Friday a senior couple came down and taught us all how to start and teach an English as a second language class. They are super awesome. I am pretty excited for that. They gave us pizza after which was cool.

We did a TON of finding this week. And we got a bucket of potentials for this week which will be really good. If you could pray for us that would be cool. 

Two people came to church last week that we hadn't met before. One lady is looking into our church and the Pentecostal church but she really liked our service and she said she will most likely be back next week. Another guy was really cool. He is a former and he said he will come back next week with his family. It was a super cool Sacrament meeting. Fun Fact, both of the people were introduced to us by members after the meeting. It was awesome seeing people reach out to everyone like that.  

Our Saturday basketball went pretty well. 8 people were there that time and a lot of people also said they will come out this week. 

That's about it I think. Next week I will write a better email haha. We get smartphones this week which will be pretty weird but I am really excited for how good it will be. 

Spiritual thought is I just love this gospel. I am so grateful being able to be a part of it. My mission has been the best experience and better than I could've ever imagined. I have been trying to testify of the Book of Mormon while contacting people, and I have seen it help myself so much. I just love that book so much. It is true and has changed my life.

Love you all.
Elder Talbot

Pictures. 
This is Mexico the dog. He is cool. We live below some awesome members and the dog comes downstairs sometimes and gets let in. It is pretty fun and stress relieving to have a dog. 
District leader Johnson's apartment view.
My parents on a volcano 


Mexico the Study Buddy


Niagara at night

Elder Johnson's apartment view

Parents in Hawaii at Haleakala Crater


No comments:

Post a Comment