Monday, June 26, 2017

People are Important to God

It rained all week. Similar to the last few weeks but instead of the rain just making it more humid and sucky it actually kept the temperature down. It was pretty nice. We dodged the rain pretty well too, so that was sweet.

Not too much happened this week. Zone conference happened. I got to see a bunch of old friends. I got to sit next to Elder Hafen and Elder Shepherd was also there. It was a super good conference and I learned a lot. A common theme was OYM. Opening our mouths and talking to everybody. Which honestly is something I have struggled with. But I learned a lot and I am going to try my hardest to get better at it. 

We met with Edward who is active but he got/is getting super busy for the summer so he was going to take the summer off and then come back in September. He was feeling stressed and overwhelmed, so we talked to him and told him that Church is the place to be for that kind of thing. Getting the sacrament gives me so much peace and comfort and gives a break from the world.

We did service for probably the last time for Kim. I was putting all the door knobs back on and I got to one door and it had a freaking metal door frame. That was pretty ridiculous. I was struggling super hard to get the plate on it and was slightly losing my mind. But I got it. 

We played more basketball Saturday. It was pretty fun, there were a whole bunch of people. I made a slight adjustment to my shot last week and it threw me off a bit. So anyone who has played basketball with me ever, knows that I don't jump very much when I shoot. But I fixed that. But I had no clue what arch to put on my shot so I just changed the arch about fifty different time. I think I have it figured out now and it's going to be better. 

Sunday was fun. We had a munch and mingle after church and the ward went hard with it. A ton a super good food. There was even some ribs. Everyone hung out for quite a while. It was fun. I hung out with little kids and youth the whole time. Pretty good party. 

We ended Sunday by going over to Simon's house. He was taking a nap and his parents ditched him so he made us some poutine. It was really good, naturally. We threw throwing knifes and hatchets for a bit. I figured out the knives a little bit. After, we hit golf balls into a big field of his behind his house. It was a fun night.

A sweet chapter I read was 1 Nephi 13. I really got a lot out of it especially verse 35:

For, behold, saith the Lamb: I will manifest myself unto thy seed, that they shall write many things which I shall minister unto them, which shall be plain and precious; and after thy seed shall be destroyed, and dwindle in unbelief, and also the seed of thy brethren, behold, these things shall be hid up, to come forth unto the Gentiles, by the gift and power of the Lamb.

I was just thinking about Nephi and how he knew that his whole seed would be destroyed but yet he still pushed to save as many people as he could. It just shows how important people are to God and that we need to be trying to bring as many of them closer to Christ.
Loves
Elder Talbot

Elder Talbot and Elder Shepherd




No comments:

Post a Comment