Well last week was transfers. It was a super crazy day last week so I didn't have very much time. I had to drive to Brampton Monday night which is a five hour drive. It was all good though. Elder Leyton got transferred to Leamington. Which I have been told is the armpit of the mission. It should be good for him cause I heard it is a lot warmer. Elder Leyton was seriously cold all the time. I got a new companion named Elder Shepherd. He grew up in Gilbert, Arizona but he currently lives in American Fork. Which is cool cause he is my first companion that isn't Canadian. He played in AF's marching band and marched all over the country. He is a super good missionary. He really loves working hard and being obedient so it should be a super good transfer. We get a long really well. We are super pumped for this transfer.
We cover a ton of tiny little towns as well as a few not as tiny little towns. But the not as tiny ones have been tracted out by missionaries around 40 times. So we thought we would try to go to some of the smaller towns and try to find people there cause they haven't met the missionaries as much. We didn't get much of a chance to try it out but we did a little bit. On our way to Kingston one night we stopped in a town called Portland. It was super freezing and late at night and not very many people were home so we didn't tract very much but we met one family that is pretty interested. They are super busy so we weren't able to meet with them yet but they seemed very open. Their dog also ran away while we were talking to them so we spent like 20 minutes helping them catch the dog.
We had a dinner last night with the Hatches and the McKeevers and Jon and Adina. Jon and Adina are non members but they are super good friends with the McKeevers. They are seriously some of the nicest people I have ever met. We go over to Jon and Adinas about once a week to do service. Then they feed us. Which is good. They are super friendly and super nice. So yesterday we had a dinner with all of them. The Hatches made the meal and it was super amazing. It was roast dinner with Yorkshire pudding. It was the most beautiful way to end a fast. It was wonderful. At the end we shared a message about eternal families and had the Hatches and McKeevers talk about how they feel about it. They bore some beautiful testimonies about it. The spirit was so strong there. I loved it.
I am so grateful that I get to be with my family forever. I know that this church is true and that through Jesus Christ we get to be with our families forever. That always keeps me going when I have a hard day or something. Just knowing that it will be better in the end. I am so grateful to be a missionary and be able to let people know that they can also be with their family forever.
We had a dinner last night with the Hatches and the McKeevers and Jon and Adina. Jon and Adina are non members but they are super good friends with the McKeevers. They are seriously some of the nicest people I have ever met. We go over to Jon and Adinas about once a week to do service. Then they feed us. Which is good. They are super friendly and super nice. So yesterday we had a dinner with all of them. The Hatches made the meal and it was super amazing. It was roast dinner with Yorkshire pudding. It was the most beautiful way to end a fast. It was wonderful. At the end we shared a message about eternal families and had the Hatches and McKeevers talk about how they feel about it. They bore some beautiful testimonies about it. The spirit was so strong there. I loved it.
I am so grateful that I get to be with my family forever. I know that this church is true and that through Jesus Christ we get to be with our families forever. That always keeps me going when I have a hard day or something. Just knowing that it will be better in the end. I am so grateful to be a missionary and be able to let people know that they can also be with their family forever.
I love all of you guys
Elder Talbot
P.s. The biggest thing in Smiths Falls, I'm pretty sure is the Tweed Factory. Which is this absolutely massive "medical" marijuana plant. And it just happens to be owned by Snoop Dog. That is all.

No comments:
Post a Comment