Monday, January 30, 2017

Transfer Week-Mom's Post

Well, it's transfer week, and Elder Talbot is staying in Smiths Falls!  Elder Leyton is leaving and Elder Shepperd is going to be his new companion.  Because of the travel, Elder Talbot wasn't able to write an email to everyone, so I'll share something that happened today instead.

I received a call from Brother and Sister McKeever from Smiths Falls.  Elder Talbot and Elder Leyton went to their home for breakfast this morning so they could say goodbye to Elder Leyton.  Elder Talbot did not wear his coat and since it was -15C, Sister McKeever told him she was going to call his mom and tattle on him.  He told her I would like that very much so they called me!  They talked about how he's 18 so he doesn't feel the cold, but she still thinks he should at least have his coat with him in the car in case of emergency.  They also wanted to tell me how much they love him and how he is such a great missionary.  They said he was quiet and shy when he first got to Smiths Falls but now he is outgoing and personable.  He's polite and always asking if he can help them with anything.  He always leaves them with a spiritual message.  And he is a good eater--of course.  They thanked me for allowing him to serve even though it's hard to miss him and not be able to talk to him as often as I would like.  He's doing everything I always hoped he would do, and I am so happy to hear that he is touching people's lives.  What a wonderful phone call to receive, especially on a Monday I didn't get to hear much from him.  

No pictures from Elder Talbot today, but I found this on his drive.  Of course he took his coat off....

No comments:

Post a Comment