Tuesday, February 21, 2017

One Year Older and Wiser, too!

Hello people. Smiths Falls felt like having crazy snowy, icy weather was boring, so it decided to get really hot. And by hot I mean 8 degrees (46 F). But it was comparatively really warm and felt really good to be outside. The weather was nice which was good cause we spent about three different mornings in the last week emptying that trailer full of wood that we loaded last week. There is a ton of wood in that trailer and we aren't even done. 

I don't know what it is about Elder Shepherd but people really like feeding him. We have had dinner appointments almost every day the last two weeks. It's been nice not having to cook for a while. I don't know if I mentioned earlier, but lunchtime got changed to 30 minutes. Which really isn't that big of a deal, we just don't have too much time to take naps now.

We finally got to meet with Lisa this week! It has probably been 3 months since we last saw her. She has had the flu almost the entire time of that 3 months. It was rough but she is doing good now. We taught about the Plan of Salvation. She really liked it and it really helped comfort her. We are praying that she stays not sick so we can continue to meet with her.

My birthday was Thursday, and it was a party all day. One of our older members took us out to a Chinese buffet for lunch. He is super cool and has tons of cool stories. He can just talk and talk and talk. It is pretty cool listening to him and hearing all his experiences. A lot of members in our Branch can talk non stop. 

The middle of my birthday we went to this weird town called Lanark. We stopped by a former investigator and he had moved but thankfully this random guy outside of his house knew where he lived. The bonus of small towns. Everyone knows everyone.

The end of my birthday we had a party/dinner with the Hatches and the McKeevers. All the food was super good. and I love both of those families so it was great. They made one of my mother's recipes and it was pretty good. But it is just really hard to compare to my mom's cooking. 

On Friday we met with a less active that I have been trying to meet with since I got to Smiths Falls. But it was really good to meet with him. And he came to church and it seemed like he had a good time. 

Spiritual thought. I just really like the Plan of Salvation. I am so glad I am able to be with my family Eternally. I know that because of Jesus Christ I could see everyone again even if they died.

Love,
Elder Talbot 

Trailer full of wood they are moving for the family that had their home burn down.


Birthday dinner with Hatches and McKeevers

No comments:

Post a Comment