Tuesday, January 3, 2017

17th Week Miracle--Prayer, Faith and Hard Work

So freezing rain sucks. I thought it was super cool when I first saw it and now it is just annoying. But that also means it's not -20 when its raining so I guess that's a plus? If there is any bright side. 

We had a slow but super interesting week this week. A large chunk of our investigators are sick but I think Lisa is just about done with her flu so we are probably going to meet with her this week, hopefully. A lot of people in our branch and our area were out of town for the holidays or super sick. But things are going to pick up now that the holidays are behind us.

Super cool story. So we had district meeting Friday and that was super good. Elder Vargas is super funny and is really good with keeping it entertaining but spiritual as well. Anyways. We got out of the meeting and we got a phone call from a random number like five minutes after we left the chapel. The lady that was calling us is in the Fallow Field Branch which is on the edge of Ottawa and just outside of my area/mission. She called to tell us she has a friend that lives in Carlton place, which is a small town 30 minutes away from Smiths falls. Side note, I got really excited when I heard this cause we hardly get any referrals here. Then she went on and told us that Jamie and her two daughters have been taking missionary discussions from sister missionaries in Fallow Field for about three months and are getting Baptized on the 15th!! We are super excited. That was super weird cause Jamie wouldn't live in their mission so we honestly don't know how they were teaching her or how they found her but we don't really care cause someone is getting baptized! She is going to attend the Fallow Field branch cause she knows more people there but she wants to get baptized in Smiths Falls cause she is moving to Alberta in 6 months so just for records sake she is getting baptized here. This is a huge blessing for this branch cause Smiths Falls is really hurting for people. Jamie isn't going to attend very much but I really believe that the people of this branch will get a boost of energy just from this. Just seeing that there are prepared people in this area will really help them get excited about missionary work. It also really gets me excited and happy cause I know that there are people ready for this gospel, we just have to find them.  Jamie is also a huge answer to our prayers cause we really thought we could get a baptism this transfer but we really weren't sure where it was going to come from. But we had faith and kept praying and working hard. I'm super pumped about all of this right now. 

We got to hang out with the Hatches on New Years Eve since we weren't allowed to go out at night. I really love the Hatches. Their testimonies are so strong and they are such cool people. They have so many different stories about their lives that are super cool. The spirit that The Hatches have around them is incredible. They are really helping the branch here and everyone they come in contact with love them a lot. 

I don't have a scripture for this week but I just wanted to talk about the power of prayer. I know that prayer works. You can pray for anything. If you have a question or if you need help with something. I would encourage everyone to pray for missionary experiences.  

I hope everyone has a great week! 

Loves
Elder Talbot

New Years Eve with Elder Leyton and the Hatches

Watching a blue jay out the bathroom window


No comments:

Post a Comment