Monday, December 19, 2016

The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway

In case any of you were wondering, it is cold. Right now it is -18c. Idk what that is in Fahrenheit cause the conversion is screwy. (It's 0 degrees F) But it has been about that cold all week. With the exception of yesterday when it was -5 but it also had freezing rain. It actually was a ton of fun trying to scrape off 2 centimeters of ice from my car so we could get to church. I probably had more fun than I should've hitting the car. And yesterday church was cancelled cause of the rain. So we went anyways and just messed around on the piano for an hour. It was a party. 

Well, sorry I didn't write anything last week. We had a busy day cause of transfers. We didn't get very much time to do anything cause we had to drive to Brampton that night which is five hours away. Got to love being in the boonies. My new companion is Elder Leyton. He is a Spanish missionary from Peru. He has been out on his mission for about a year. We get along good. Sometimes he words his sentences funky tho. 

We didn't teach too much this week so we really focused on setting more appointments for next week. We got a lot set and we are hoping we are going to be busy this week. Life is a lot more fun when we work around appointments. 

A thought for this week is about trials. Last week I spoke in church about trials and overcoming them. I shared Doctrine & Covenants 122:7-9. 
 7 And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.   8 The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he? 9 Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever. 

A lot of people came up to me after and told me about how that was one of their favorite scriptures. It is pretty cool how much scriptures can help people and I know for sure it helps me. 

I unfortunately don't have very much time again this week but I hope everyone has a fantastic week! 

Loves
Elder Talbot  

Not cold enough to need gloves, evidently!


If your car has frozen rain and you punch it, all the ice cracks!
It hurts a lot though.  

Elder Leyton

No comments:

Post a Comment