Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Expect Miracles and Work Like You'll See Them

Well. It was super good weather this week. It was just nice and pretty chill weather. I don't think it rained very much even if it did at all. 

We had some pretty cool things happen this week. Looking back it seems like this large blur but I'll try to pull some thoughts out of it. We had interviews this week with President and Sister Shields. President talked about expecting miracles and working like you are going to see them. We went out and had the attitude of expecting them. I was talking to another missionary about attitude and how much of a difference it makes. It sometimes seems for me this thing that wouldn't make any difference but it honestly does. It just makes everything happier and more enjoyable and it is very noticeable for the people that we talk to. We went by a member referral again this week and he let us in to talk, it was a really good talk with him. He has great faith in the Savior. His friend that referred him has been a great example to him which is awesome.

One other miracle was when we were trying to contact a former investigator, who turned out to be a daughter of a member who hasn't been to church in a while. We kind of stumbled into them on accident but it was still really cool. She has three children and has gone through some rough patches in her life and wants to come back to church and have that healing in her life. 

We had stake conference this weekend again. Elder Nielson was here from the 70. He is awesome. He was up and walking around during the Saturday session and the spirit was very strong. I was able to learn a lot. He talked about ministering and a bit of how we should do it but mostly about why. We shouldn't be sitting on the fence. One thing that he talked about was choosing who's side we are on and giving everything we can for it. I am so grateful for this chance I have to be a missionary and lift those I am around and help everyone. I was able to examine my life and see where and what kind of person I want to be and get to. This gospel is my absolute favorite thing in the world and I am so grateful for it. 



Elder Talbot 








No comments:

Post a Comment