Monday, December 18, 2017

Overcome All of Satan's Crap

Welp I procrastinated this email and I only have like ten minutes so here we go. 

It was really cold this week. It was around -18 to -20 all week and the icing on the cake coming Sunday morning with a nice -25. This week shouldn't be that bad and we are going around 7 hours south for zone conference so it should be nice and warm. 

I went on exchanges this week to Rouyn-Noranda which is in Quebec. French is Quebec's language of choice so I spent a couple of days not understanding anything. Thankfully most people there have decentish English and would explain most things to me. Elder Hunter, the missionary I went on exchanges with, kept turning to me after people would say something and tell me they didn't like my coat or stuff like that. It was really funny. 

My favorite scripture for this week comes from. Alma 16:1-2:  1 And it came to pass in the eleventh year of the reign of the judges over the people of Nephi, on the fifth day of the second month, there having been much peace in the land of Zarahemla, there having been no wars nor contentions for a certain number of years, even until the fifth day of the second month in the eleventh year, there was a cry of war heard throughout the land.
2 For behold, the armies of the Lamanites had come in upon the wilderness side, into the borders of the land, even into the city of Ammonihah, and began to slay the people and destroy the city. 

And while I was reading it, I just thought about how Satan tries his hardest right before something great is going to happen. He also knows where our weakest points are, and where we aren't expecting it to come. But I know that if keep our focus on the Gospel that we can overcome all of Satan's crap. 

Love you guys,

Elder Talbot 





No comments:

Post a Comment