It is -22 right now. It was pretty not so warm all week. It is finally a nice temperature to walk around in. It is pretty fun when your car struggles to start. This week I'm pretty sure is going to be no better.
I think the only thing I did this week was drive a lot. We went to a town called Kapuskasing which is two hours north to go visit people. So that was long. We didn't really have any luck up there with seeing people so we cut down a tree on our way back for Christmas. Then we got to drive to North Bay for a district meeting and interviews with president. The drive was supposed to take us 4 1/2 hours but it took us 7 cause there was a huge accident and it blocked one of the two roads to North Bay so we had to backtrack a bit for a freaking long detour. But we got there and District meeting was really good. There was a really good spirit there. Elder Hunter who is my district leader, is from England and he is great.
Thursday we got to volunteer at the Hospital some more and we were invited to the Pastoral Care lunch thing cause we were going to miss the actual volunteer lunch. But the lunch was pretty sweet. It was pretty much a bunch of Pastors from most of the Churches here in Timmins and then two Mormon missionaries. We tried sitting in a corner by ourselves but one of the pastors volentold us to come sit at the table with like three other pastors from I thnk C
Catholic and Pentecostal. AND then the freaking CEO of the hospital decided to sit next to me. It was pretty sweet to talk to all the really cool people from other churches. And get free food. We got a shout out during the lunch and Elder Bagley got a free baby pine tree. It was cool to get ourselves out there a bit into the community to show that we aren't that weird just a bit peculiar.
I love this Gospel and I really love the Christmas season and all the good things people are doing. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ to be born so he could save us all.
Love Elder Talbot
| Elder Talbot and the Christmas Tree they cut for their apartment. |
No comments:
Post a Comment