Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Cold and Conference

Well, it was minus 18 Friday morning but it is like 0 right now so I don't really know what is going on with the weather. Before we left for Brampton all the snow had melted but when we got back it seemed like we were in the middle of the winter. 

I guess I can start with zone conference with Elder Pearson of the Seventy. It was really sweet. Half the mission was there for the conference this time. I saw a bunch of people I knew there including, I think 5-6 of my past companions. It was fun catching up with people. Anyways. Elder Pearson was awesome. In the weeks before the conference he had asked our whole mission to read two talks, and I didn't read it till the way down to Brampton. I wasn't driving so I had plenty of time but I only had my flip phone to illuminate the papers. The talks were really good and really prepared me for the conference. Elder Pearson really focused on becoming better missionaries but the way he ran his talk/instruction things really helped us be able to receive revelation for the stuff that we can change personally in our mission/lives.

We didn't get back till Wednesday night and we went straight over to Sister Matte's to go do some service for her. We fixed a door and moved some stuff but not too much. 

We went out to visit Iroquois Falls this week. I really doubt that any missionaries have been out there for at least 5 years or close to it hahaha. It was really cool. It is a nice little town. We went by one of the formers and he was happy to see us and said that we could come back next week.

We haven't met with the guy that was referred to us by our ward mission leader but we have another appointment this week with him so hopefully it goes well.

Earl and Terri are doing good still. They are really funny. It is always fun to visit with them. Hopefully they will start progressing. 

Sister Clarke was reconfirmed a member this week. It was nice. She can get a temple recommend again which is great.

All the lakes are frozen so I am probably going to retire from fishing for at least 9 months. 

Spiritual thought is the talk from Elder Pearson which I think I attached. 

Love you all
Elder Talbot 

"garden town"


https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/10/converted-unto-the-lord?lang=eng

https://www.lds.org/ensign/2007/09/seek-learning-by-faith?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment