Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Frosty in Timmins, But It's Not Ice Cream.

So there was some frost on the ground when we woke up Thursday morning. Definitely different weather here compared to Brampton.

So the drive all the way up here was freaking long. It was almost 100% trees. Pretty ridiculous. It was fun though. The first half, I got to drive with up with Elder Robinson, one of my mtc companions.  It was good catching up with him. The second half, I went up with Elder Johnson. I really like him so far. He is from Cincinnati, Ohio. Played rugby. He has been out for 10 months or so and has only been in two areas. Timmins and Coburg. 

The ward is around 65-70 every week. I really like everyone up here that I have met so far. We get fed every night which is pretty nice, haha. Everyone is really nice. The town up here is like 45,000, and it is mostly a mining town. I really liked it this week. We can walk to most of the places here cause it fairly organized. 

We met with Roger this week. He is a former J-Dub. He likes hunting and fishing. He has had some really cool experiences and is really open minded. He likes the Book of Mormon as well.

We did a lot of contacting this week, and one lady we tried talking to just shushed us after we said hi and walked away while asking us if we had seen any oranges. It was pretty funny. hahaha. 

Spiritual though this week is, 2 Nephi 29. You all should go check it out.

(For example:  8 Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word? Know ye not that the testimony of two nations is a witness unto you that I am God, that I remember one nation like unto another? Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another. And when the two nations shall run together the testimony of the two nations shall run together also.  9 And I do this that I may prove unto many that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and that I speak forth my words according to mine own pleasure. And because that I have spoken one word ye need not suppose that I cannot speak another; for my work is not yet finished; neither shall it be until the end of man, neither from that time henceforth and forever.)

Loves
Elder Talbot 




The Conley Family and Elder Talbot

MTC companion reunion! Elder Jensen, Elder Talbot, and Elder Robinson

MTC companions!



Elder Robinson and Elder Talbot traveling to Timmins


No comments:

Post a Comment