Monday, April 17, 2017

Service, Scales, Stack and Scrap

Well. I think the weather was pretty good this week. There was like two days that were really hot and humid. Which I very much miss the dry weather. But that is alright. All the other days felt really nice. 
We literally did service all week. Almost nothing else. 

Monday. We didn't do service, but we helped with an FHE activity for the Ward Mission leader. It was a Scavenger hunt. 
Tuesday. We loaded a bunch of trash and scrap metal in a Uhaul and unloaded it at the dump.
Wednesday. We moved and stacked a 15 foot long and 10 foot tall stack of wood. 
Thursday. We stacked another wall of wood but only like 5 feet high and then threw a bunch of trash wood into a ditch. And moved a bunch of crap into a shed. (The first three days were at the same house. He was in a huge time pinch and needed a lot of stuff done this week.)
Friday. We helped remove wallpaper off a wall in a different room of the same lady's house we painted last week. Which by the way sucks a lot, wallpaper is no bueno.  And we patched the drywall in that room and started to paint it. 
Saturday. We moved a bunch of junk/crappy furniture out of Sister Conley's mom's house. 

We didn't really have anything else happen this week. The neighbor's cat named Tulip is pretty good friends with us now.
We found a dead bird in the bumper of our car. Which I don't remember hitting a bird. So we blamed Tulip for putting it in our bumper. 
The Penny's had us over for dinner on Saturday so I could go fishing. We were going to go on Monday but we got rained out. I caught one in like five minutes and then let the little kids fish. It was a blast. 

Today we played a 2v2/3v3 basketball game against some young men in the ward and one of their dads. Both
mine (I did something to it last week playing basketball) and Elder Aspery's right shoulders are hurt and we don't have very good range of motion, and they were pretty good. But I summoned my inner Chris Paul and Elder Aspery pulled out the Kobe and Brother Morton channeled in his Dirk Nowitzki.  

Peace
Elder Talbot  

Fishing at the Penny's Pond


These Elders are both over 6 feet tall.  That's a tall stack of wood! 





Elder Talbot and Tulip the Cat

Elder Aspery and Tulip



No comments:

Post a Comment