I thought I was going to be done with the freezing rain. We had a little bit of it yesterday. It wasn't too much but it was enough to still be really annoying. The weather has been warming up for the most part. I didn't think it was very cold ever. But Elder Aspery is literally always cold. The "winters" in Brisbane only get to 8 (46 F) at the very coldest, and he had never seen snow before he got to Canada. He said he is going to be wearing sweaters till it is 30 degrees (86 F).
After P-day on Monday we had supper with the Penny family. They had their family home evening with us during the meal. They said that is what they normally do cause they figure it is easier to get their kids to focus when there is food. Which is probably true and a great idea.
We went to Young Men's, and afterwards they all started to play basketball. So I decided to join. They were playing this weird 1 on 1 game and I killed all of them. Granted the oldest kid was 14 but I was in full church clothes with a sweater, so I think it was fair.
Wednesday we had dinner with a squad. They are a bunch of older single sisters and they all go out to eat and hangout with each other all the time. Basically squad goals. Well they took us to a fish and chips place and the food was super good. We also didn't have to talk very much cause they just talked a ton. It was sweet. Also on Wednesday we were tracting, we knocked on this one door, and this lady from somewhere yells at us to go away. "I'm not going to open up the door so you might as well leave." So we just casually walked away and she opened up a window on the second floor and yelled at us saying thanks for waking up my baby. It was pretty funny to both of us. Elder Aspery was laughing pretty hard.
We went to Smoke's after district meeting. Best food on the planet.
We got some media referrals this week. Both of them seem super solid so we are pumped and hoping to meet with them this week.
Just a quick thought. We had fast and testimony meeting yesterday. One of the little Zumbach girls got up to bear her testimony and it was about two sentences and then she sat down. It was short and sweet. Later in Elder Quorum the lesson was on testimonies and one of the members said something about how we all have our own testimonies and they are all so different and unique. While I was listening to both of those the spirit taught me and I learned that is why we are asked to share our testimonies as often as we can. We all can learn from others, and we might not have had an experience that they have had so we can learn from them and they can learn from us.
Peace
Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment